Etchants for Aluminum
Highly acidic etchants are used for oxide removal and etching aluminum in preparation for plating and metal finishing processes. Therefore, etchants for aluminum are crucial to aluminum plating and finishing applications.
Our solutions are available in the following packaging sizes:
- 5-gallon pails
- 55-gallon drums
- 300-gallon totes
- Miraclean Deoxidizer is a liquid acidic compound designed to remove oxides, stains, and smut
- Used on stainless steel, aluminum, copper, brass, zinc, magnesium, titanium, zirconium, and iconel
Miraclean Deoxidizer 500
- Miraclean Deoxidizer 500 is a liquid acidic compound designed to remove oxides, stains, and smut
- Used on stainless steel, aluminum, titanium, zirconium, and iconel
- Mirapic ME-811 is a water-soluble, dry powder containing acid salts with the addition of nitric acid to process Zamak-3 zinc die castings (Mix 1) and high silicon aluminum (Mix 2)
- Both treatments result in a leveled and fine-grained activated surface for post-seeding chemical or electroplating operations
- Mirapic ME-815 will restore copper appearance on copper alloys, enhance the appearance of brass alloys that are dezinced at the surface
- Can be used as a chromate-free deoxidizer on certain aluminum alloys
- Mirapic ME-810 is a water-soluble, dry powder containing fluoride-bearing salts
- Can be used to replace hazardous hydrofluoric acid
Looking For Specific Etchants For Aluminum?
Contact us today for a recommendation!