Industrial Heavy-Duty Aqueous Metal Cleaners
Our chemicals are specially formulated for industrial ultrasonic, immersion, and spray cleaners that remove a variety of contaminants such as machining lubricants, oils, dirt, polishing compounds, greases, and lapping compounds.
We have a full line of aqueous cleaners that are made to work on most substrates include ferrous metals and non-ferrous metals including aluminum.
Chautauqua Chemicals metal cleaning solutions are developed for the environment in mind, use the latest in surfactant technology, and is sure to be the most efficient chemical for cleaning metal.
What Are You Cleaning?
It is crucial to take into account that the type of cleaner in your application must satisfy these factors to be the most effective:
- The Part Substrate: Aluminum, copper, brass, stainless steel, etc.
- Part Geometry: How difficult are some areas to reach?
- The Cleaning Equipment Used: Ultrasonic, immersion, spray, electroclean, etc.
- Contaminant That is Removed: Oils, grease, stamping fluids, buff compounds, scale, and oxide, etc.
Alkaline Cleaners for Metal
- Ph levels between 8.5-14
- Great general purpose cleaner
- Best for removing oil grease, dirt, dust, and even carbon deposits
- May include built-in rust inhibitor to prevent corrosion on susceptible metals
- Matching which alkaline cleaner will be best for certain applications depends on the soil level on the substrate and what kind of metal you are working with.
Acidic Cleaners for Metal
- Ph levels between 1-5.5
- Will remove oils and dirt but best used for removing scale, rust, oxides, and tarnish
- Some acidic cleaners can be used to passivate stainless steel
- Matching which acid will be best for certain applications depends on oxide levels on the substrate