Heavy-Duty Descaling Compounds
Descaling compounds are used for pretreatment in the mass finishing process to remove oxides, and rust from your part. Therefore, compounds for descaling should be compatible with the mass finishing equipment and media for an efficient application.
Our solutions are available in the following packaging sizes:
- 5-gallon pails
- 55-gallon drums
- 300-gallon totes
A mildly acidic tumbling compound which has excellent burnishing capabilities. May be used in vibratory, conventional barrel, or high-speed mass finishing operations. Can be used on brass, copper, aluminum, steel, and stainless steel.
- MC 120 is used between 1% and 5% per gallon of water (1% to 2% per gallon is typical).
- Flow-through operation is recommended for best results.
1. Medium foaming compound.
2. Environmentally friendly.
3. Excellent burnishing capabilities on many different types of base metals.
4. Liquid product makes automatic feeding easier.
An acid cleaner for use in soak and ultrasonic wash systems. It will remove soils and light oxides from steel, zinc, aluminum, and brass. It is safe on ferrous and nonferrous metals including aluminum.
This product is diluted with water before usage. Determine proper ratio based on the volume of the tank.
- For light soil removal, mix MC 454 at 1 to 30 with water.
- For heavy-duty soil removal, mix MC 454 at 1 to 10 with water.
Operation temperatures are 130° to 170° F.
1. Water based cleaner.
3. General purpose product, useful over a wide range of applications.
4. Brightens brass and aluminum.
5. Excellent rinsability.
How To Choose Descaling Compounds For Mass Finishing?
A proper mass finishing process must start with clean parts, but parts that have rust or oxides on it can be difficult to clean with just cleaning compounds. Therefore, descaling compounds become crucial due to their ability to remove scale and rust very efficiently in mass finishing equipment.
A descaling compound should be compatible with:
- The Substrate (Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper)
- Mass Finishing Equipment (Centrifugal Tumbling, Barrel)
- Soil Removed (Grease, Oil, Cutting Fluids)
- Media Used (Abrasive Blast, Abrasive Tumbling)